Contact Gato


256-931-4435 /
cinpet93@gmail.com

Friday, February 6, 2015

Sighhhhhhh

Right now my sewing is on hold till I can figure out why my bottom thread on my Singer sewing machine is so loopy. My tablecloth was looking good with the white curtains recycled as ruffles and sewn to the dusty rose calico fabric.

Tablecloth w/ "recycled" cloth ruffles


"Loopy" bottom tension





Silly me - I didn't write down the tension settings I had set for the cotton fabrics I was using for the tablecloth. I changed the settings as I was wanting to try sewing the tissue faille curtains (which I am recycling into a Victorian era shirt ).  I changed out to fine thread, wound a new bobbin with the fine thread, and put a new needle for fine fabrics onto my Singer. The sewing on that project was going fine till I discovered I sewed the back on inside out - AFTER I had sewn a double shoulder and side seams. I can't rip it out because of the flimsiness of the fabric & I don't have any more fabric as I obtained the fabric from a Church flea market (recycled curtains remember?).





Sigh so I reset everything back (remembering first to write down the settings for the fine fabric & replace the needle) and tried working on my tablecloth again -- that's when I began having thread tension issues.

And my friend laughs at me when I tell her I'd rather hand sew???? LOL, my friend is coming over tomorrow to rescue my sewing machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment